Question-1Is Linden Hall High School an international school?

Our school is recognised as a secondary school as stipulated in Article 1 of the School Education Law in Japan. It is not categorised as an international school. Instruction is provided in accordance with the National Curriculum established by the MEXT.

Question-2How much English is needed to be admitted to the school?

At the time of enrolment in junior high school (grade 7), it is desirable that students have a level of English that is equivalent to the Pre-2 Level of the English Language Proficiency Test “Eiken” (CEFR A2 Level). However, even if students have yet to reach this level, they may have sufficient ability in other subjects to compensate, and students gain greater fluency in English after beginning their studies with us. Therefore, we will look at each student’s entrance examination results and make a comprehensive judgement.

Question-3If my English skills are poor, are there any remedial services I could utilise?

We will monitor your performance in classes and may provide supplementary lessons.

Question-4How do I get to the school?

If you use public transportation, the nearest stations are Nishitetsu Futsukaichi Station and JR Futsukaichi Station. There are school buses from each station to the school, which junior high school students (grades 7 to 9) can use. High school students (grades 10 to 12) go to school on foot, by bus or by bicycle from the station.

Question-5What is the ratio of Japanese students to foreign students?

At present, more than 90% of our students are Japanese.

Question-6Can I study abroad?

We encourage all students to study abroad between the first year of junior high school and the first year of high school. To this purpose, we provide exchange programmes with partner schools and institutions that are part of the prestigious Round Square group.

Study Abroad
Question-7Do all students who choose the IB programme attend university overseas?

Not all IB students go on to overseas universities. In fact, a greater percentage of Linden Hall School IB course graduates have gone on to Japanese universities than those who have gone on to overseas universities. However, obtaining the highly recognised International Baccalaureate Diploma increases your chances of being accepted to universities all over the world.
You can also gain admission to overseas universities through the TI course, using your English language skills and the results of your IELTS or TOEFL tests, which you will take regularly as a student of Linden Hall School.

IB course / TI course
Question-8Do you accept transfer students?

We regularly accept transfer students from other schools and from overseas, including returnees.

Transfer Admission
Question-9Do you have a dormitory?

We have separate dormitories for male and female students.

Question-10Do you provide school lunches?

Every day, we serve in our cafeteria lunches that are handmade with organic vegetables. While compulsory for junior high school students, school lunches are optional for high school students.

Organic School Lunches and Shokuiku
Question-11Do you have wheelchair access?

We have elevators and wheelchair-accessible restrooms.

Question-12Do you offer accommodation to students with special needs?

We have a school counsellor, although we do not offer special accommodations to individuals with disabilities.